Now the Halloween decorations have been put away and fireworks done for the year, the time has come to start thinking about spreading Christmas cheer.
Everyone deserves a happy Christmas. One that is safe and warm. Where children go to bed full of excitement and anticipation. And wake up to gifts on Christmas morning. Sadly, for some families, this isn’t possible.
This is why we need your help. Could you buy a present for five year old James? A pair of pyjamas for three year old Lily? A Christmas dinner for one of our families that have suffered from domestic abuse?
We have launched our gift tag appeal, with trees across Liverpool City Centre locations. We are asking if you could buy a present or a pair of pyjamas for any of the children who use our nurseries and after school clubs who may not get a gift on Christmas day without your donations. We’re looking for donations for children of the following ages:
Boys aged 3
Boys aged 2 to 3
Boys aged 4 to 5
Boys aged 6 to 7
Boys aged 8 to 9
Boys aged 10
Boys aged 12
Boy aged 17
Girls aged 2 to 3
Girls aged 4 to 5
Girls aged 8
Girls aged 10
Girls aged 12
No need to wrap the presents either, our elves are rearing and ready to go, all you need to do is drop your donations to trees at either:
- Commutation Plaza, 1 Commutation Row, Liverpool, L3 8QF
- The Foundry, 42 Henry Street, Liverpool, L1 5AY
- Redwing, 16 Duke Street, Liverpool, L1 5GB
- M&Y, Unit 41, Bold Business Centre, Bold Lane, St Helens, WA9 4TX
We are also fundraising for a Christmas dinner for these children and their families. We’d also love to be able to give gifts to the parents and carers who use our services. And for this we need financial donations.
- £10 will buy a gift for one of the children in our nursery
- £15 will allow us to buy new pyjamas for a child
- £30 supports a family with a food hamper
- £120 means we can give FOUR families food hampers over Christmas
On behalf of the families and children we support – thank you! This will mean so much to the little ones, parents and carers at Centre 56.
Please share this appeal with your friends, family, colleagues and followers and help spread festive joy this winter.